tracer wire and ground rod, at ground level, in lite duty and off-roadway applications where fluctuations in ground or heavy shifting of soil is likely. Two-terminal Switchable Lid allows locator to switch ground off and on from top of lid to isolate targeted sections of tracer wire systems. No need to remove lid.
Features and Benefits
- Once-and-done installation
- Two-terminal, switchable lid allows for direct connection to tracer wire and ground rod from the top of the lid; single terminal
- XL adjustable base accommodates grade fluctuations and ground settling
- Anti-corrosion gel protects wire
- Locking cover protects against tampering
- Encapsulated magnet allows for detection by a ferrous metal detector
- Lid color-coded to meet American Public Works (APWA) standards for utility identification
Part #:LDXL36*2T-ADJ-SW – SnakePit Lite Duty XL Adjustable with Two-terminal Switchable Lid (* denotes color)
These specifications apply to the SnakePit® Lite Duty Adjustable Access Point with the Two-terminal Switchable Lid.
Materials and Design
• Non-corrosive, injection molded resin
• Flexural modulus 986000 psi, Conditioned (ISO 178)
• Flexural strength 28300 psi, Conditioned (ISO 178)
• Impact rating 43 (-22˚F) / 44 (73˚F) ft lb/in2
, Charpy unnotched (ISO 179/1eU)
• Melting temperature 451˚ F (ISO 11357-3)
• pentagon head bolt – anodized aluminum
• terminals and jumper – brass
• High-grade ABS rigid plastic (ASTM D1788, Type 1)
• Access point base designed with magnet securely attached to be easily detected by magnetic locators even when access point is covered by soil, sod and/or paving material
• Locking mechanism secures lid to base in a closed position
• Notched bolt end prevents loss of locking mechanism
• Locking mechanism can only be removed with the proper pentagon wrench
• Tubular (cylindrical) construction with removable round lid
• Support flange at base
• Ground switch/terminal used to connect ground wire and to engage/disengage the ground connection
• Ground switch designed to resist unintentional switching – use plyers to switch on/off
• Ground switch, when in ‘OFF’ position, may be used to ground locate transmitter
• Direct connect post designed for utility locate transmitter positive lead
• Set screws used to secure tracer wire and ground wire to terminals
• Anti-corrosion gel supplied with lid must be applied to wire connections and ground switch jumper to protect connection points
• Access point designed for operational access to underground tracer wire systems
• Access point designed so that when installed, the collar will be flush with the surface and contain the lid so that it will not be in contact with the adjoining backfill or pavement
• The top surface of the access point lid is flush with the top of the base. The top of the bolt, when completely tightened, is flush with or below the lid surface.
• Copperhead products are manufactured under a quality control system that ensures products are free of defects and meet performance requirements.
• Copperhead provides best-in-class customer service. We promise to put forth our best efforts for our customers and to treat everyone we encounter with courtesy and respect.