Integrated cleanout and tracer wire box for the sewer market. Provides efficient 4” cleanout access and tracer wire system access in one unit. The dual compartment and integrated entry points eliminate the need for two lids in a yard or right-of-way. Slips over 4” SCH40 and SDR35/26 PVC pipe with provided sleeve. Can connect and disconnect tracer wire ground from top of unit. One unit rather than two saves time and money in installation.
Features and Benefits
- Two access points in one – cleanout and tracer wire system
- Direct connection to tracer wire and ground rod from the top
- Fits SCH40 IPS and SDR35/26 with provided sleeve
- Bottom flange adds strength and anchors into ground to accommodate soil shifting
- Encapsulated magnet in pentagon plug allows for detection by a ferrous metal detector
- Industry first ¼-turn pentagon style plug –NO cross threading
- Gasketed cleanout access prevents I & I
- Brass hardware means no rusting or seizing parts
- UV resistant, composite material
- Anti-corrosion gel protects wires
- 100% Made in the USA
Part #:BOABOX SWR – for 4” PVC Pipe (Fits SDR35 and SDR26 HWS) and for 4” SCH40 IPS PVC Pipe
These specifications apply to the BoaBox™ Sewer Access Point, designed for operational access to underground cleanout and tracer wire system. Suitable for installation with new or existing cleanout risers.
Materials and Design
• Cleanout and tracer wire box body, flange, and covers shall be injection molded, UV resistant composite.
• Tracer wire terminals, thumb nuts, and jumper shall be brass for flawless continuity.
• Manufacturer shall supply dielectric, anti-corrosive gel to protect wires.
• Top shall be designed with magnet securely attached to be easily detected by magnetic locators even when access point is covered by soil, sod, and/or paving material.
• Cleanout and tracer wire box shall be 100% made in the USA.
• Cleanout and tracer wire box shall have a one-year warranty against material and manufacturing defects.
• Cleanout and tracer wire box shall be pyriform (rounded teardrop) in shape.
• Cleanout and tracer wire box shall have two separate entry points in one integral housing. One entry point shall allow for connection of tracer and ground wires. The other entry point shall allow for installation over 4” SDR35/26 & SCH40 IPS PVC sewer service cleanout riser.
• Cleanout and tracer wire box shall have two separate access covers in one integral housing. To eliminate cross-threading, neither cover shall thread into the cleanout and tracer wire box.
o One access point shall have a rectangular cover to provide at-grade access to tracer wire. Cover shall be labeled “TRACER WIRE”. Beneath the tracer wire cover shall be (2) brass terminal points, (2) brass thumb nuts and a brass jumper to ensure correct tracer and ground wire installation.
o One access point shall have a ¼-turn round cover with pentagon plug to provide above-ground access to the PVC cleanout riser pipe. Cover shall be labeled “SEWER”, and body shall be gasketed.
• Tracer wire compartment shall be sized to allow for 12-24 inches of excess tracer wire.
• Cleanout and tracer wire box shall have an integral flange base which adds overall strength in both directions. It shall allow cleanout and tracer box to be anchored into the soil while also allowing for simultaneous soil and box movement.
• Cleanout/tracer wire box is NOT intended to bear weight on the PVC cleanout standpipe.
• Not intended for hard surface or roadway application.
• Access point designed so that when installed, the top will be flush with the ground.
• Copperhead products are manufactured under a quality control system that ensures products are free of defects and meet performance requirements.
• Copperhead provides best-in-class customer service. We promise to put forth our best efforts for our customers and to treat everyone we encounter with courtesy and respect.